Let’s be honest: no matter how badly you’d like to have beautifully straight teeth, the idea of wearing metal brackets and wires just isn’t very appealing. We understand! Whether you’re a pre-teen, young adult or you’re on the verge of retirement, most people simply don’t want to deal with the discomfort or appearance of traditional braces.
Thankfully, modern dentistry has offered a new option! Invisalign in McLean is the comfortable, invisible way to straighten your teeth, often in less time than braces would take. But does it work equally well for all age groups? Keep reading to find out!
How Does Invisalign Work For Different Age Groups?
It’s important to note that age in itself won’t discount you from being a good candidate for Invisalign. However, some of the things that potentially go with your age could!
While everything is determined on a case-by-case basis, here are a few general things your dentist will take into consideration before recommending treatment:
- Teens – Commitment and self-discipline are the main requirements for teens. The clear trays have to be worn for a minimum of 22 hours a day for treatment to be completed on time. It’s not uncommon for patients in this age group to leave them out too long each day or even lose them altogether!
- Young Adults – Older teens and young adults are typically in a “sweet spot” for Invisalign. Not only do they have the commitment, but their oral health is generally good enough that it doesn’t present a problem.
- Mature Adults – One of the main factors your dentist will look at is your bone density. If you’ve lost significant bone mass in your jaws, you may not get a good result from Invisalign.
As always, the best way to know for sure if you’re a good candidate is to schedule a consultation with ‘dentist near me’ that offers Invisalign. They’ll be able to look at your unique circumstances and answer any questions you may have.
Invisalign Tips and Tricks For All Ages
If you and your dentist decide that this treatment is for you, here are some great tips and tricks to get the most from your experience, regardless of your age:
- Take care of your trays – Gently brush your trays with toothpaste after meals, always store them in their containers during meals, and don’t twist or bend them when you put them in.
- Practice good hygiene – One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that it’s much easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy than it would be with braces, so make sure to brush at least twice a day and floss once.
- Get regular checkups – Another perk of Invisalign is that you can continue getting checkups and cleanings with the same dentist who provides your treatment. With regular dental care, you’ll not only have a straight smile when treatment is over, but a healthy smile as well.
Invisalign is an easy, convenient way to straighten your teeth. Whether young or old, it’s a fantastic investment in your oral health!
About the Author
With decades of experience, Dr. Fred Farahi has used Invisalign to straighten the smiles of countless patients of all ages. He loves being able to offer the same great results that you could get from braces, without the hassle and inconvenience. If you have any questions, he can be reached at (703) 821-1633.