Spring sports are right around the corner, and please remember that a mouth guard is an extremely important piece of athletic equipment. Studies show that athletes are 60 times more likely to suffer harm to the teeth if they’re not wearing a mouth guard. Imagine what it would be like if you suddenly lost one or two of your front teeth due to an injury. Smiling, talking, eating—everything would suddenly be affected.
There are three main types of mouth guards. Any of the dentists at Fusion Dental can advise you on what’s best for you:
- Custom-fitted. These are made by your dentist for you personally. They are more expensive than the other guards, but they offer the best fit and best protection because they are customized.
- Stock. These are inexpensive and come pre-formed, ready to wear. Unfortunately, they often don’t fit very well. They can be bulky and can make breathing and talking difficult.
- Boil and bite. These mouth protectors can be bought at many sporting goods stores and drugstores and may offer a better fit than stock mouth protectors. They are first softened in water (boiled), then inserted and allowed to adapt to the shape of your mouth.
- All of the dentists at Fusion Dental-Reston will provide a custom-fitted mouth guard to their patients at no charge. This is our way of ensuring that our patients’ teeth have the best protection possible on the field!
We can also advise you on the proper protection if you wear braces or another fixed dental appliance. Read more about the importance of mouth guards.
Schedule an appointment today and get ready for spring sports!
This Halloween donate some of that extra Halloween candy to our troops!
Fusion Dental-Reston is joining the program “Treats for Troops.” Treats for Troops collects all that uneaten Halloween candy that our kids (and we!) have left over after October 31st – and distributes it worldwide to U.S. military troops.
It’s easy. Just bring us your unopened Halloween candy between November 1st and November 9th to our office at 11503 Sunrise Valley Drive in Reston, Virginia. We will match your candy with toothbrushes and toothpaste to send to the troops as well. Feel free to write a letter, or card, and enclose a photo or two. Our troops are always looking for news from home to brighten their day and make them feel like they are not forgotten.
Pediatric dentists Dr. Averne and Dr. Fernandes are joining me and Patient Scheduling Manager Willette Boyette in coordinating the Treats for Troops program, and any of us can provide more details or answer any questions.
On behalf of Fusion Dental – Reston, thank you for remembering our troops this Halloween through Treats for Troops! Have a safe and happy Halloween!
I’m very excited to announce the grand opening of the new Fusion Dental office in Laurel, Maryland! This is the fifth location in Maryland for our practice, in addition to offices in Bethesda, Columbia/Clarksburg, Eldersburg/Sykesville, and Waldorf – along with our two Northern Virginia offices, in Ashburn and Reston.
Our Laurel office, located at 14722 Baltimore Avenue, Suite 103, has state-of-the-art facilities, and a welcoming setting and layout designed to provide a superior and comfortable experience for you and your family. We’re opening this additional office in Northern Prince George’s County to continue providing dental services to Maryland patients in convenient locations.
Our general dentist Dr. Michael Brown is looking forward to providing you a wide range of dental services in the Laurel office, including:
- General Dentistry
- Dentistry for Children and Adolescents
- Root Canal Therapy
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implants
Our new Laurel office offers extended hours Monday through Friday and will be open one Saturday a month to meet your family’s needs. Fusion Dental is a network provider with numerous dental insurance programs, and we’ll gladly assist you with filing claims with other insurance carriers.
Please check our webpage for more information about Fusion Dental-Laurel. Feel free to call us at 240-607-8515, and we’ll be happy to assist you with any of your questions.
We look forward to seeing you in Laurel soon!