Matthew Gramkee, D.D.S.Periodontist
- Periodontal/Gum Disease
- After Hours Emergency
- Diplomate of the American Board of Peridontology
- B.S. Chemistry, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY - 1985
- D.D.S., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine, Buffalo, NY - 1989
- Certificate in Periodontics, Naval Dental School, Bethesda, MD – 1999
- Masters in Oral Biology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Adjunct Faculty, The George Washington University, Washingtion, DC - 2006-2010
- Associate Professor, Naval Postgraduate Dental School - 2006-2010
- Adjunct Faculty, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, NY - 1985-1987
- Retired, Captain US Navy Dental Corps
- Annual Award for Outstanding Educator, American Academy of Periodontology - 2010
- Licenciado en Odontologi; Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain - 2004
- Annual Award for Outstanding Clinical Achievement, American Academy of Periodontology - 1999
Dr. Gramkee brings a diverse base of experience in general dentistry and periodontics to Fusion Dental. He is committed to excellence and patient satisfaction. After graduating dental school, he joined the U.S. Navy and practiced as a General Dentist for seven years. He received his Certificate in Periodontics from the Naval Postgraduate Dental School, where he graduated number one in his class. Dr. Gramkee went on to become the Chair of the Navy’s periodontics residency program and Specialty Advisor to the Surgeon General of the Navy. He has lectured extensively on periodontics and implant dentistry as well as presenting research at scientific conferences. Dr. Gramkee has received recognition for his clinical and mentoring ability including the prestigious Annual Award for both Outstanding Educator and Outstanding Clinical Achievement by the American Academy of Periodontology.
A native of Upstate New York, he served as a Dental Officer in the U.S. Navy for over 25 years and served on the USS Constellation (CV-64) and several overseas locations. Dr. Gramkee has the unique distinction of holding the title of odontólogo from the University of Granada, Spain.
Dr. Gramkee lives with his wife and family in Bethesda, MD. Other interests include performing live music and paddle surf.