Matthew Detar, D.D.S.Endodontist
- Endodontic/Root Canal Therapy
- After Hours Emergency
- B.S. Chemistry, William and Mary - 2003
- D.D.S., Virginia Commonwealth University - 2007
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, University of Florida College of Dentistry - 2008
- M.S.D., Endodontics Residency, Virginia Commonwealth University - 2014
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Board Certified, American Association of Endodontists
Dr. Matthew Detar is a graduate of William and Mary and obtained his D.D.S. and Endodontic Certificate/M.S.D. from Virginia Commonwealth University. Following a post-doctorate residency, he practiced general dentistry in private practice for several years before deciding to continue his education in the specialty of Endodontics. Dr. Detar taught for one year as a full time associate faculty member in the Department of Endodontics before completing his Endodontic residency program in 2014.
Dr. Detar is committed to practicing the highest level of endodontics and is currently working toward board certification with the American Board of Endodontics. He strives to provide quality care and pain relieving endodontic treatment based on the highest level of evidence, utilizing the most current technology and treatment methods.
Dr. Detar enjoys sports, traveling, continuing education and volunteering. Dr. Detar maintains an affiliate faculty position at VCU and enjoys teaching future dentists. He volunteers at the Northern Virginia Dental Clinic and for mission trips.